Community Center Information
Please note that the Community Center is rented to residents only.
Please call City Hall at (23) 744-1621 for available dates and fee schedule.
190 Persons Standing Revised 3/99
125 Persons Seated
WALKER COMMUNITY CENTER
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Applicant will be held responsible for the conduct of all persons attending the event.
2. Applicant will be responsible and make restitutions for any damage to the building, appliances, mechanical equipment, furniture, dishes or any other item that is part of the facility.
3. Groups using the stage equipment, projector, or any mechanical equipment belonging to the building must have written approval and trained personnel in charge.
4. Smoking will be permitted only in the areas where ashtrays or sand urns are provided. These must not be moved.
5. Alcoholic beverages may be dispensed on the premises; however, State Liquor Laws are in effect and must be complied with, including that no person under the age of 21 may be served and an alcoholic beverage and a cash bar is not allowed.
6. Groups using the building must comply with local fire safety regulations, state laws, and building regulations. No open flame or candles of any type may be used.
7. The fireplace may not be used for a gas or wood fire. It is inoperable.
8. Applicant is responsible for cleaning and leaving the premises in the order which found. Any food or beverage spilled must be cleaned up immediately. If not properly cleaned, the deposit will be forfeited.
9. A responsible adult must make the reservation and enforce the discipline and building regulation for any youth groups. A chaperone must be present at all times for youth groups. No one under the age of 21 will be allowed to make a reservation. The scheduler will decide if groups using the facility will have to hire police guards.
10. Civic groups, clubs, and schools in the North Muskegon city limits using the building are treated as any other user even though they do receive a lowered rate.
11. The applicant and/or user of the Community Building agrees to save and hold harmless the City of North Muskegon from any and all liabilities or responsibilities arising from an incident to the occupancy of the building portion thereof, it being understood and agreed that the City of North Muskegon assumes no obligation respecting uses of the premises by the renter.
12. At the discretion of the scheduler, the renter will furnish liability insurance for the function for which the building is rented.
13. The building must be cleaned and vacated by midnight. This will be strictly enforced and if not adhered to, deposit will not be refunded.
14. The use of confetti or confetti like items, tape, tacks, or nails are not allowed to be used for decorating or any other purpose.
15. If a professional catering service is used, a copy of their license must be provided to the City at the time of the payment of the rental fee. If the operator of the licensed food service establishment is willing to accept responsibility and liability for the catering business, an additional food license will not be required. This understanding should be in writing from the licensed food service establishment operator to the caterer with a copy to the health department. If the operator will not accept this responsibility, then the caterer must have a separate food service license for the same location.
16. THE APPLICANT OR A PERSON APPOINTED BY THE APPLICANT MUST MEET THE CITY EMPLOYEE AT THE PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON TIME TO OPEN AND INSPECT THE BUILDING. THE APPLICANT MUST ALSO BE THERE AT THE PREVIOUSLY AGREED UPON LOCK UP TIME TO INSPECT FOR DAMAGES AND CHECK CLEAN UP.
THE CITY EMPLOYEE WILL NOT WAIT ANY LONGER THAN 30 MINUTES PAST THE DESIGNATED OPENING TIME, SHOULD HE NEED TO BE CALLED TO RETURN TO OPEN, HIS WAGES FOR THAT TIME WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE DEPOSIT.
If you have any questions, please call City Hall at 231-744-1621.
The application can be accessed by clicking: WALKER COMMUNITY CENTER . Once it is completed, mail it to 1502 Ruddiman Dr. or drop it off at City Hall with the security deposit.